New copy of HB desktop to new computer

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

New copy of HB desktop to new computer

Postby ArGiEs » Wed May 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Hello, thought this might be handy for someone else sometime, so I posted here.

I will be setting up a new computer soon. I have HanDBase desktop for Windows, and have the purchase code from when I originally bought it, so I am assuming that all that I’ll need to do to is go to the HB website and enter the code into the appropriate spot and I will be able to load a fresh copy into my new computer, correct? Excuse me if this is a silly question - I still like to double-check things like this. Thanks!
Regards,
Bob
ArGiEs

Re: New copy of HB desktop to new computer

Postby curtterp » Thu May 17, 2018 4:33 am

You need to log into the website which you should have gotten a password in email when you purchased the Desktop program. Download the desktop from your download page.

On the first run, you will be asked for the purchase code. That is when you put that in.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby curtterp » Thu May 17, 2018 4:33 am

You need to log into the website which you should have gotten a password in email when you purchased the Desktop program. Download the desktop from your download page.

On the first run, you will be asked for the purchase code. That is when you put that in.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby ArGiEs » Tue May 22, 2018 9:20 pm

Well, that didn't work. There is a paid version download, and a demo version. The paid version demands payment before download. There is a coupon box; I entered in the activation key I received when I originally purchased HB, but it didn't accept it. I purchased HB in 2010; if I created an account I have long lost the password. The email I used is a discontinued account. I downloaded the demo version, hopefully it will ask for the product code at some point.

Update: just tried to connect my iPhone with HB desktop. Launched HB on my phone and opened desktop connect; clicked on Configure>iPhone & iPod touch (in the desktop) and got the error message: "Unable to launch HanDBase iPhone Sync and User Settings. Perhaps HanDBase for iPhone is not installed?"

If this can't be fixed reasonably quick or smoothly, I'll probably just forget it. The only thing I use the desktop for anymore is as part of my backup redundancy.
Regards,
Bob
ArGiEs

Postby ArGiEs » Mon May 28, 2018 7:20 pm

On the off chance that there's someone out there scratching their head for my sake, I went ahead and purchased a new copy of the HB for iPhone desktop. All is well.
Regards,
Bob
ArGiEs

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Tue May 29, 2018 9:30 pm

Hi Bob,

You shouldn't need to purchase it again- at any point you can login right from the Login link at the top of any web page. Logging in lets you download your paid software again.

Please contact me if you would like a refund on your recent purchase!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby ArGiEs » Tue May 29, 2018 10:21 pm

The thing is, is that I'm not even sure that I created an account in the first place. If I did (that would have been eight years ago), I never recorded the username & password. I just said "oh, forget it!" just started clean.
Regards,
Bob
ArGiEs

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch