Mass Update/Import with Calculated Fields

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Mass Update/Import with Calculated Fields

Postby hudsonhawk » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:57 pm

Each year I need to do mass updates to a list of accounts in my HanDBase application. Since there does not appear to be a mass update feature, this involves manually exporting and re-importing the records. When I do this all of my calculated fields resort to blank until I open and edit each record (2768 of them at present).

Is there anyway to resolve this issue? I've tried to a "Set Field Value To" on the calculated field, running a report, and of course importing the calculated values (which HanDBase will ignore. Any suggestions? Thank you! :D
hudsonhawk

Re: Mass Update/Import with Calculated Fields

Postby hudsonhawk » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:24 pm

I should add for clarity when i say ‘no mass update’ what i mean is to update values via import from a file. I know how to do a mass update on a single field to a single value from the list view. Thank you!
hudsonhawk

Re: Mass Update/Import with Calculated Fields

Postby hudsonhawk » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi - Sorry to see no reply. Even a "not possible" response is better than no response.
Would like to suggest some type of method added to future revs. Simple fix would be to simply provide an "override" function for calculated fields when doing an import so that you could set the value of the calculated fields.

Thanks.
hudsonhawk

Return to HanDBase General Discussion