iPhone home button doesn't save record

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

iPhone home button doesn't save record

Postby danny.eads@gmail.com » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:25 am

I have setup a new HanDBase database on my iPhone. I occasionally need to enter information into a record in the database that is contained in another app or in my contacts.

Every now and then (about 1/5 times), when I create a new record in the database, and exit HanDBase via the iPhone home button, get the information from another app and come back to HanDBase, the new record isn't there. It appears that it simply didn't save the record when I left the phone via the home button. It is hard to perfectly recreate this issue, but again it happens about 15-20% of the time in this database.

I would like some form of security initiated every time I exit the app and return to it, so I initially had encryption set and database close on app exit. I have removed the encryption and left the database close every time I exit the app, yet it still occasionally doesn't save the record. The only way I can avoid this is to leave the database open when I leave the app, but this leaves me without security when I exit the app all the time. How can I ensure that when I create a new record it is saved when I leave the HanDBase app?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
danny.eads@gmail.com

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch