Sync Error

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Sync Error

Postby royaltiger » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:10 am

Hi All
Starting to get some erroneous problems in wifi syncing with Android phone and win 10 laptop, some files are syncing fine then log starts to say Forbidden: The Username and Password entered is not correct. Please double check that the Username and Password match the one you were given when you signed up for the Global Share service,
A little confused as I've not used any passwords in setting up the databases. I've tried removing file when sync stalls, but then hangs on the next file in line, I have removed files from phone and Laptop, uninstalled Handbase, did a reinstall and new sync setup, sync then works the once, and again back to hanging, also tried replacing with earlier files but still getting problems syncing. All I have done that i can think of is with some of the databases I have added some extra fields to improve or change the way it works, but i didn't think that could be a cause, as it starts hanging on databases I haven't changed in a while.
royaltiger

Re: Sync Error

Postby royaltiger » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:13 am

So Managed to finally sort out the problem, one of my relationships had its access parameters set to no access for some reason, as soon as i disabled the relationship the sync worked fine with no errors, daft as this may seem, my head was telling me that the access parameters were to do with Microsoft Access and syncing with Access/ODBC Database, so steered clear of the settings in security.
royaltiger

Re: Sync Error

Postby curtterp » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:33 pm

The newer versions of Microsoft Access Database is an issue

check out this thread for more information

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4170&p=18673&hilit=access+database#p18673
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Return to HanDBase General Discussion