Transferring data base from iPad to android tablet

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Transferring data base from iPad to android tablet

Postby Beeaj » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:44 am

I have my HanDBase data bases on an iPad and want to transfer them to a Samsung tablet, I purchased HanDBase for Android on the tablet and installed a trail version of the Desktop software on my PC, I emailed the .csv file which opened on the pc but I can’t seem to find a way of transferring to the tablet. When trying to sync on the iPad the url given is unopenable? Any help would be great.
Beeaj

Re: Transferring data base from iPad to android tablet

Postby royaltiger » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:35 am

On Your Windows PC, if you open Handbase Desktop, click on the configure/sync tab at the top, 3rd along from the top left corner, you are then given 8 options, the 5th one down from the top should be Android Users, click on Android users and you are given the option to setup a new Android User, Hit the setup new Android User button and you are presented with another screen "Step 1" showing three options, if you select the middle option "Wifi" and click the next button it will bring you to "Step 2" and ask you to connect the Tablet to the same wifi network as PC, click next and "Step 3" will give you an ip address, make sure pc and tablet have identicle ip addresses and it should sync the tablet for you, it will also ask you to name the sync, GalaxyTab4 as an example, if thats your tablet
royaltiger

Postby curtterp » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:24 pm

If your looking just to transfer the databases from the iPad to the Android tablet, is to email each database as an attachment, from the iPad to the gmail address that you signed up the tablet with.

To email a database as an attachment
  • From the database list, click on the tab (File Cabinet Style) or the three dots (Modern Style)
  • an email message should pop up using your default email on your iPad, and have the database attached. Input your gmail address in the TO field and send

When the email is downloaded to your Android Tablet, open the attachment, and HanDBase should open up and show you the database.

Rinse, Repeat for every database you want to transfer.

If you want to sync the databases between the iPad and the Android tablet, then you will need both the iPad add-on and the Android add-on for the Desktop. After you setup a relationship to both devices, then there is a shared database section in the sync settings to allow you to sync the databases between the devices.

HINT - purchase one or the other, then when you get your login for the website which includes your license, you can use the crossgrade option to add the other at a reduced cost (at least it used to be that way - Dave can confirm or deny this)
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby curtterp » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:28 pm

royaltiger wrote:On Your Windows PC, if you open Handbase Desktop, click on the configure/sync tab at the top, 3rd along from the top left corner, you are then given 8 options, the 5th one down from the top should be Android Users, click on Android users and you are given the option to setup a new Android User, Hit the setup new Android User button and you are presented with another screen "Step 1" showing three options, if you select the middle option "Wifi" and click the next button it will bring you to "Step 2" and ask you to connect the Tablet to the same wifi network as PC, click next and "Step 3" will give you an ip address, make sure pc and tablet have identicle ip addresses and it should sync the tablet for you, it will also ask you to name the sync, GalaxyTab4 as an example, if thats your tablet

The part marked in RED is incorrect. The first three sets of numbers need to be identical, but the last three have to be different. If you have 2 devices on the same IP Address, neither device will work.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Return to HanDBase General Discussion