text longer than field on Form

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

text longer than field on Form

Postby deboopi » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:00 am

Hi ,
I use handbase to show data on my Android device.
Data entry is done in an Access Database that is linked to some Handbase tables.
Now I noticed that when a text is longer than the width of the textbox the display has problems.
On the desktop the text will scroll to the next line (with or without scrollbars).
The scrollbars do not show on the android device - is this the way it should be ?
On ANdroid the text does not scroll to the next line, when you move the cursor through the text to show more , the text is truncated at the width of the field although the field in the database contains more text.
This seems to be the case when I import the text into Access, when I enter text in the handbase forms on the desktop it shows correctly on the android device?
How to fix this?
deboopi

Re: text longer than field on Form

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. On Android we only show a single line of each field in the list view. You can widen the field width to see more of the text, but it doesn't wrap. Historically HanDBase always showed a single line of text in list view with the exception of the Windows desktop version. That said, a while back I added it to the iPhone version and iPad version so if there was enough demand I could add word wrapping to the Android version too!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for Android