jdbc driver?

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

jdbc driver?

Postby tdh10 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:02 am

My Java program runs the HanDBase Windows Desktop program in "batch mode" and "feeds it" with a csv file to create or update HanDBase databases. This works fine under Windows, but all my non-Windows users of the program are left in the "cold", because the Mac version of the Desktop program doesn't offer command line parameters and no Linux desktop version exist.

What I would like to know whether there is a better way of creating/updating HanDBase databases on non Window PC's. For instance, it would be great if a JDBC driver or native Java Library would exist
tdh10

Re: jdbc driver?

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for writing- back in the day there were command line versions of a data conversion tool that were compiled for Linux, but interest was so low I discontinued support for it well before the current database format.

You can run the windows desktop under Wine so maybe you can get the non-windows users working that way. Unfortunately unless there is a sudden demand for a linux or mac command line tool I don't anticipate making one soon as you're the first to ask for this in over a decade!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase General Discussion