Applets

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Applets

Postby Georgewakefield » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:22 am

It’s been a long time since I’ve used HanDbase and can’t remember how one gets into Applets. Has this facility been deleted or can it still be used? Would someone let me know please? Thnks.
Georgewakefield

Re: Applets

Postby curtterp » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:03 pm

This is the normal way to use an applet, but it seems not to be working right now.
***********************************************************************************************************************************
From the database list

• Press the + on the bottom left to create a new database
  • Press on Download Template
  • A category list will pop up. If there is nothing showing in a category when you press it, that means that there is nothing in the category, or the ones in the category is not a HanDBase 3 or HanDBase 4 database
********************************************************************************************************************************

Alternate way of getting an applet to HanDBase on your device.

From your computer, go to this url: http://www.ddhsoftware.com/gallery.html

• Either select a category and click the GO button below the selection, or use the keyword search and press Go Button
  • Look for the applet you want to try
  • near the bottom of the applet description, look at the version. The version MUST be v3 or higher. Anything that is v2 will NOT work
  • click on the file link to download it to your computer
  • Unzip the file
  • Open the pdb file in HanDBase for Desktop
  • Click File-> Install to Smartphone/HandHeld
  • Sync to your device to install it
  • If you do not have HanDBase for desktop, email the pdb file as an attachment to the email that your device has access to.
  • Tap on the attachment on your device, and HanDBase will recognize it and install it.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby Georgewakefield » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:03 am

Thank you for you assisrance. Sorry for the long delay in replying but I only just noticed how to reply.. thanks again.
Georgewakefield

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Hi George,

I'm working on the problem with the website from the iPad/iPhones right now- hope to have it fixed this weekend!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:23 am

Just an update- it should be working now. Please let me know if you run into any issues!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby curtterp » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:58 am

ddhsoftwareadmin wrote:Just an update- it should be working now. Please let me know if you run into any issues!

Not pretty, but working :D
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby Georgewakefield » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:06 am

Thank you Dave. I thought my copy of HanDbase had gone corrupt on me. It now works ok but I think the original version was better. Regards George
Georgewakefield

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:18 pm

Georgewakefield wrote:Thank you Dave. I thought my copy of HanDbase had gone corrupt on me. It now works ok but I think the original version was better. Regards George

Yeah the original was formatted to look like it was running on an iPhone within an app so it fit better on the screen. That formatting tool hasn't been updated in a decade so it really looked dated, but more than that, it stopped working recently due to changes in browsers. So I had to remove it. Now it looks (as Curt said in an email to me) like a 1980's early web site! I plan on updating it and making it look and format better, but just wanted to get it functional again first.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for iPad