Link data from one DB to another

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Link data from one DB to another

Postby Mnbvoj » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:38 pm

I'm wondering if it's possible to copy data from a couple of fields of one DB to the same fields in another DB. I enter data in one DB, and have a field that if selected, opens another DB. Some fields in the 2nd DB are the same as the 1st DB. Can't the info I installed in the 1st populate those fields in the 2nd? I've tried Link, Linked & Relationship, without any luck.
Mnbvoj

Re: Link data from one DB to another

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:49 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. The DB Popup field is the one that is closest to what you describe. It creates what looks and behaves like a text field but when you select the drop down button it shows you the list of records in a related table. Tapping a record in that table will copy the value for the field you assigned in the setup into the first database. And there is a group feature where you can set up a group of db popup fields that all get copied when one is selected.

More info here;

http://www.ddhsoftware.com/knowledgebase.html?read=253

Hope this helps!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby Veritas » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:23 am

I have been working on databases where I need to extract information from 23 fields in one database to another using then dB popup group function. The problem is that it only extracts the info from the first 10. Is there a limit for extracting info or am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Veritas

Postby curtterp » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Veritas wrote:I have been working on databases where I need to extract information from 23 fields in one database to another using then dB popup group function. The problem is that it only extracts the info from the first 10. Is there a limit for extracting info or am I doing something wrong?

I am assuming that you are working with HanDBase on your iPhone.

The following is from the iPhone user documentation

Maximum number of DB popups in a group: 10
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby Veritas » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:34 pm

curtterp wrote:
Veritas wrote:I have been working on databases where I need to extract information from 23 fields in one database to another using then dB popup group function. The problem is that it only extracts the info from the first 10. Is there a limit for extracting info or am I doing something wrong?

I am assuming that you are working with HanDBase on your iPhone.

The following is from the iPhone user documentation

Maximum number of DB popups in a group: 10

Thank you for your answer. I figured as much, just wanted to make sure.
Then there’s one more thing I would wish for in the next update: increase the number of dB popups in a group. The other thing is increase number of fields :)

Veritas

Return to HanDBase General Discussion