Sync failing after moving to Android Pie

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Sync failing after moving to Android Pie

Postby IAS1962 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:56 am

My Handbase setup was syncing seamlessly till I just changed devices from Galaxy S9+ to Pixel 2 XL, moving from Android 8 to Android 9 (Pie).

I have successfully moved databases from old device to new device by opening each file in old device folder (on desktop), clicking "save as" then selecting new device's folder to save it into, then syncing.

But the databases are failing to sync any changes in either direction. The log gives a stream of "Error: Code 200: HTTP/1.0 200 OK" messages.

I suspect there is an issue with Android Pie but would welcome any input please. I use the software a great deal and don't know how I'll get by without being able to sync!
IAS1962

Re: Sync failing after moving to Android Pie

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:29 am

Hi there,

Thanks for writing- it could be that Android Pie is a factor in your problem, though we have seen this error coming up in older versions for some people. A few users who had trouble were using an antivirus that was blocking the downloads. can you tell me if you have any A/V software on your Android device and/or the computer that its connected to?
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby IAS1962 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi. I don't have any antivirus on my phone. I use Panda Dome free version on my Windows 8.1 laptop.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
IAS1962

Postby SkiRev » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:34 pm

I just bought a OnePlus 6T (which uses Android Pie) and am experiencing the same issue. I was able to create a new user, and I could install my databases from the desktop to the new phone, but when I try to sync I get the same error code described.
SkiRev

Postby jacpeter7278 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:13 pm

It is the same issue that I have also faced after updating the Android system to its pie version. But, when I visited Epson printer Repair, it solved all the errors on the system and you can avoid this failure for further.
jacpeter7278

Return to HanDBase for Android