Help with forms

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Help with forms

Postby brucejameson » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:22 pm

I am very new to HandBase and have been constructing a database to gather information about the many anchorages my wife and I visit whilst cruising. The database works fine but I wanted a more graphical interface to enter the data and add images to and this is where I am having problems. Question, how do you add images into the database through the form? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
brucejameson

Re: Help with forms

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for writing- sounds like an exciting use case for HanDBase! I am not sure which platform you're using but hopefully its iPhone or iPad as I have a tutorial to show you how to do this. If its Android or Windows, hopefully you can apply similar steps and get it done just as easily.

http://www.ddhsoftware.com/docs/HanDBas ... rial17.pdf

In this tutorial an image is added as a background to the form.

If you want to include pictures from the cruise, you'd be using a slightly different set of steps. You still add the picture like this tutorial does, but there are some other differences:

1. You'll be needing to use the External field that is for taking a photo. This also requires a second text field for storing the name of the photo file since the external field does not store any data within it. This tutorial shows you how to set these up:
http://www.ddhsoftware.com/knowledgebase.html?read=353

2. Now in the form, add a picture control but for the image source, you point to the text field that holds the photo file name as per #1 step above.

Hopefully this gets you started- let us know if you have any further questions!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase General Discussion