Unfortunately, Handbase Has Stopped

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Postby cenzer » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:49 pm

Occasionally, when I try to add a new record, I get the error:

I get popped back to the list of databases.

I try again to add a new record and all is well.

Happens with two databases.
Thank you.

Charles
cenzer

Re: Unfortunately, Handbase Has Stopped

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:15 am

Hi Charles,

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry about this- I'm wondering if you can access the console/logcat from your desktop. Have you ever had to do this before or had any experience? We can get some info on the crash in this case and what is happening.

Let me know. Alternatively, if you can log the time and date when you get a crash I can search the crash logs reported on Google Play console for details and may be able to get some clues that way!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby cenzer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:59 pm

I can't find these files on my computer not on my Galaxy S5:
    Console
    Logcat

The crashes all happened on my Galaxy S5.

I will not the times, however, and send them
Thank you.

Charles
cenzer

Postby curtterp » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:41 am

cenzer wrote:I can't find these files on my computer not on my Galaxy S5:
    Console
    Logcat

The crashes all happened on my Galaxy S5.

I will not the times, however, and send them

The logcat is not a file that you can just see, it is a file you can create. You can create one by downloading the Android SDK, setting your phone up to do debugging via the data cable between your phone and your computer, and then creating the text file from the internal logs of Android to send to Dave. It sounds like a lot to do, but each step only takes a couple of minutes, and once you are set up, it doesn't take much time at all.

Here is a link that explains the steps on how to create a logcat. It has links to the different tutorials on the different things to set up. It is pretty straight forward.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/ ... s-0167774/

If you do decide to give the instructions a go, it would be helpful to get it all set up, then recreate the issue with HanDBase. Once you get the error, then go through the steps to create the logcat text file and send it along. The reason for creating the issue and then creating the logcat right away is so it would be easier to find the entries for HanDBase error.

Good luck.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Return to HanDBase for Android