New User Questions

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

New User Questions

Postby RedT » Sat May 04, 2019 9:35 pm

Howdy. Am a new user of HanDBase on the iPhone. Have used FileMaker Pro on my desktop PC for many years, but am totally new to this database. Have downloaded the iPhone User Guide and have created five tables. I think I understand the integer and floating fields, but would very much like the number display in the "Float" fields to appear like ###,###.# Is there a way to do that? My databases have a field named 'Mileage' and I prefer to calculate tenths of a mile.
Also, I would prefer to have the fields that display currency values display the $ sign. Is that possible?
RedT

Re: New User Questions

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun May 12, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for writing and welcome. HanDBase doesn't really have a mask field to handle formatting for commas and such - you can specify the number of decimal places but that's about it. This was a feature always on my possible wish list but never requested by enough users to get the priority.

Sorry!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch