New PC With Old Data on My Phone

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

New PC With Old Data on My Phone

Postby fblittle » Wed May 15, 2019 10:51 am

I am looking for instructions to re-install HanDBase on my new PC and keep the Data on my Phone to sync with my new PC. Where can I find instructions to re-install HanDBase When the PC is new but the phone has Data to send to the PC. I copied the PDB files from my old PC but when I tried to put them in the PDB directory they disappeared after the first sync.
fblittle

Re: New PC With Old Data on My Phone

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun May 19, 2019 3:31 pm

Hi there,

You can just reinstall the desktop software without worrying about the databases on your phone. They don't interfere with one another and even after you have a sync partnership going you can reinstall the desktop whenever you want!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby fblittle » Thu May 30, 2019 2:13 am

I synced my phone with my Desktop App and the handheld databases weren't transferred to files in the folder: C:\Users\fblittle\Documents\HanDBase\Note8\
When I sync it goes through all the Databases on my phone but doesn't install them on the Desktop app. I then looked in the Backup folder and found that it did make a backup copy of all my handheld databases with the date and time in the file name. The folder Archive has a copy of each database in it, but these files were from a couple of weeks ago and were not updated when I tried to sync today. The databases on my Handheld have not been changed or corrupted.
Do you know what I did wrong, and what I should do to correct this? Should I delete the Desktop app and re-install it?
Sorry for all the questions I am afraid that the databases will be deleted if I do the wrong thing.
fblittle

Postby fblittle » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:03 pm

I have deleted and reinstalled HanDBase Desktop software several times. Each time I Get the sync already set up. I have first uninstalled Handbase then I have deleted all the folders related to Handbase in
C:\Users\....\Documents\handbase\, and
C:\Program files (x86)\Handbase4\, and in
C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\handbase4\
Each time the relationship to my phone is still setup as "Note8" (It even knows the database tables in Sync Settings before the first sync).
I can not get the phone Databases to show up on my HandBase desktop application.
The Handheld (Phone) databases are syncing to the backup folder as a backup file which I then tried to install to my phone but that just cleared the database tables (PDB files) out of C:\Users\....\Documents\Handbase\Note8\ after the first sync.
Can someone point me in the right direction? I have gone through the manuals and can't find anything relating to sending the databases from the handheld to the desktop. Will I have to delete the Database tables from my phone and reinstall them from the recent backup files?
fblittle

Return to HanDBase General Discussion