Sudden Flakiness and Sluggishness

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Sudden Flakiness and Sluggishness

Postby hudsonhawk » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:47 am

I've noticed some weirdness all of the sudden and would appreciate some guidance. I've multiple linked databases (through either relationships, DB Pop-ups, Linked fields). the largest of these has about 3,000 records, the second about 500.

1. Records do not show in the Default View when closing a record.
Multiple scenarios but simplest is do a search on records. Open a record. Close it. The view shows no records. The only fix is to either close and reopen the db or click in search field and hit "cancel".
What is even weirder is if I close and rename the database. It works fine.

2. Search on Child table takes very long.
I've only 500 records but it is taking very long (up to a minute) to pull a list of records from a relationship view.

What has changed? I've added some additional lookup fields but I've reviewed these can can't find anything odd. Also, how come it works fine when I rename it but breaks again when I name it back to the old name.

Obviously something to do with the lookups I've added and a memory leak. BUt how I can figure this out or is there a "best practice" on the limit of lookup fields?

P.S. I"ve eliminated all "lookup fields" from the views.
hudsonhawk

Re: Sudden Flakiness and Sluggishness

Postby hudsonhawk » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:13 pm

From bad to worse...:-(

In efforts to try and fix this situation, i tried to restore from a backup I had on the Desktop version. It restored the database but did not restore any of my forms. I've lost them all! :-(

Please, help!!!!
hudsonhawk

Re: Sudden Flakiness and Sluggishness

Postby hudsonhawk » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:23 pm

I seemed to have figured it out thanks to an earlier post on the Forms crashing and guidance from Brian Houghton. Thanks.
http://www.ddhsoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3905&p=17796&hilit=HDF#p17796
hudsonhawk

Return to HanDBase General Discussion