Handbase Plugin SDK

This forum is for application developers who are integrating HanDBase into their solutions via the HanDBase API (HAPI) or other means. It's also a great place to discuss runtime development.

Handbase Plugin SDK

Postby zooguy1492 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:37 pm

I'm new to the Handbase SDK and the Windows Mobile programming environment, but it is my understanding that the Window Mobile 6 development environment is written for C-Sharp and Visual Basic code development, however, the Handbase SDK I received is written in C. Is there documentation on how to compile the Handbase SDK for Visual Studio 2008? Is there an example out there doing this?

Thanks,
Paul P.
zooguy1492

Re: Handbase Plugin SDK

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:53 am

Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting. Indeed, the DLLs that are written have typically been compiled in either Embedded Visual Studio or Visual Studio 2006. I still use the latter for Windows Mobile development, and in the case of the Windows Mobile DLLs for HanDBase, it means targetting the Windows Mobile 5 SDK at this time, not WM6.0 or 6.5.

The Windows Mobile 6 programming can be done using .NET (which is the medium you mentioned) or native development, which is the C/C++. I'm not sure you couldn't get the DLLs to work if they were compiled as a .NET, but have had no experience with doing so myself, or any customers trying it either. However, you should be able to download the WM5.0 SDKs for native development and then compile the example DLL for use with HanDBase with your system- give it a try!
dhaupert

Postby carles1988 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:12 pm

dhaupert wrote:Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting. Indeed, the DLLs that are written have typically been compiled in either Embedded Visual Studio or Visual Studio 2006. I still use the latter for Windows Mobile development, and in the case of the Windows Mobile DLLs for HanDBase, it means targetting the Windows Mobile 5 SDK at this time, not WM6.0 or 6.5.

The Windows Mobile 6 programming can be done using .NET (which is the medium you mentioned) or native development, which is the C/C++. I'm not sure you couldn't get the DLLs to work if they were compiled as a .NET, but have had no experience with doing so myself, or any customers trying it either. However, you should be able to download the WM5.0 SDKs for native development and then compile the example DLL for use with HanDBase with your system- give it a try!

Downloading WM5.0 SDKs? Can you give me the links or sites where I also can download it? I also have to try your suggestion..See if it works!
carles1988

Postby dhaupert » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Wow, this is an old thread and I don't remember much of what was being discussed. I guess I am getting old! ;)

Did a quick search and here was what Google told me:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=42

Hope that gets you going!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase - Developers