Issue Since Latest Android Update - Data Being Overwritten

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Issue Since Latest Android Update - Data Being Overwritten

Postby Small Shiny Objects » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:06 am

I have an issue that started months ago, when one of the recent Android updates got pushed out to my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

Once the update was done being installed, it actually gave me a warning that HanDBase may not work correctly, but I checked Google Play to see if there had been any updates and there were not. As of today, Google Play is still showing that my installed Version 4.6.403 is still the latest. GP is showing that last update as being 9/13/17.

On to my issue. Ever since that Android update, HanDBase will randomly overwrite some of my data. As far as I know, the issue is confined to one specific field that it likes to overwrite, and that happens to be the first field of the record. It randomly overwrites that first field of some records with the data found in the next record.

So say that first field looked of each record looked like this:

Apple
Bananna
Grape
Pineapple
Orange
Grape fruit

Randomly when I go to those records, one or more will have been changed, so the first fields in the group of records may look like this:

Apple
Bananna
Pineapple
Pineapple
Orange
Grape fruit

Luckily, the rest of the fields contain enough unique information that I can figure out what the data in the first field was supposed to be, and I can change it back, but it would be nice if this issue could be corrected.
Small Shiny Objects

Re: Issue Since Latest Android Update - Data Being Overwritt

Postby GJHmf » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:23 am

Yeah, I raised this issue a while back. It happens when you view a record, then advance to the next record with the > button.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
GJHmf

Postby GJHmf » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:33 am

I've personally verified Android 5, 6 and 7 are fine. This issue started on 8, persists on 9, and will no doubt happen on 10 when it comes out in October.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
GJHmf

Postby edwin2011 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:49 pm

Haven't noticed this but would not be good. Also the android 9 sync problem would not help.
*** edwin ***
Samsung S4 / Palm Treo
edwin2011

Return to HanDBase for Android