Android 10

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Android 10

Postby IainF » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:21 am

Hi Dave,

I know that this has been partly covered in other posts but Android 10 is now becoming available and unlike the Mac Desktop and use of virtual machines, there is as far as I know no way for me to roll back the Android version of my phone (without jailbreaking?) if Android 10 breaks HandBase Android.

Is there any information available either from yourself or other users concerning HandBase compatibility with Android 10? I don't get any hits for Android 10 in the forums.

Cheers

Iain
IainF

Re: Android 10

Postby GJHmf » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:38 am

From a user's perspective (I'm not linked to Dave), I can vouch that Android 10 works as normal in the most part - certainly on my Pixel 2.

I do have an outstanding issue where can duplicate field values if you select the Next or Previous buttons while in Edit View (be careful of that!) - but this has affected me since Android 7, I've learnt my own workarounds.

Some in other posts are having issues syncing to the Desktop version of HanDBase, an issue (I believe) since Android 9.

Elsewhere on here, Dave has stated he's is currently embarking on updating the app to comply with the latest Android API level. The current support API is quite old, so I personally envisage both of the issues above will get fixed in the process.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
GJHmf

Re: Android 10

Postby IainF » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Ok, thanks for the info. I guess that will be as good as it gets!
IainF

Return to HanDBase for Android