Handbase 4 & RCOA logbook on HTC HD2

Discussion of HanDBase running on Windows Mobile Classic and Professional (formerly Pocket PC) devices and smartphones and syncing with a desktop computer.

Handbase 4 & RCOA logbook on HTC HD2

Postby arivos » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:45 pm

I've just installed Handbase 4 on HTC HD2(windows mobile 6.5) for the purpose of using it to maintain my logbook(RCA logbook V6.00). The input screen is very small and practically useless. Please help.
arivos

Re: Handbase 4 & RCOA logbook on HTC HD2

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:08 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your posting. I know there is a PDF document that ships with the RCA logbook and I thought (been a while since I've seen it) that they outlined the steps to optimize for the Pocket PC, if the forms themselves weren't redone.

In any event there is a setting called scale factor which is where the form is scaled according to that factor so that a small form will be enlarged to fill the screen. It's a give and take depending on the resolution and screen size of your device. You can go to the Forms editor and set the preference for the forms to have a higher scaling value and you should see it get larger on your screen. The basic concept is that a 1.0 scale factor assumes that 1 pixel has the same value within a form element, so a 10x10 button will take up 10 pixels by 10 pixels. If you change the scale factor to 2.0, that same button will be 20x20. Hope that makes sense!

You could also re-optimize the forms yourself, but I'm guessing that the author of those popular forms has already done so- perhaps you could contact him to see.

Let us know how you make out!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows Mobile Classic and Professional