Knowlegebase article needs attention

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Knowlegebase article needs attention

Postby hrynkiw » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:53 pm

"How Do I crossgrade to the iPhone platform?"
http://www.ddhsoftware.com/knowledgebas ... d=346&UID=

Title sounded like exactly the information I was looking for. But the article is essentially empty. Maybe hide it until it has some real content?

Hrynkiw
hrynkiw

Re: Knowlegebase article needs attention

Postby zooguy1492 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:35 pm

The knowledge base seems to have many old articles (2-8 years old [some date back to 2001]) and it gets hard to tell if the topic discussed is still valid. For example, several talk about HanDBase 3. Are they still valid for HanDBase 4?
zooguy1492

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:09 pm

hrynkiw wrote:"How Do I crossgrade to the iPhone platform?"
http://www.ddhsoftware.com/knowledgebas ... d=346&UID=

Title sounded like exactly the information I was looking for. But the article is essentially empty. Maybe hide it until it has some real content?

Hrynkiw

So sorry about that- it's a placeholder article that we seem to have missed filling out. I'm amazed it's taken until now for us to realize its there!

I will fix this tomorrow, but in the meantime, this article does touch on it:
http://www.ddhsoftware.com/knowledgebas ... d=337&UID=

A longer answer- because we can't discount apps on the app store, we offer the discount on purchasing the add-on instead 9.99 instead of 14.99 for the Plus iPhone add-on package (Mac or Windows). To do this, just log into the registered users section and click the HanDBase upgrade wizard along the right side of the screen. The option to add a new version at a discount is the third one in this wizard, once you pick the qualifying HanDBase product you already have. Let me know if this does not answer the question!
dhaupert

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:11 pm

zooguy1492 wrote:The knowledge base seems to have many old articles (2-8 years old [some date back to 2001]) and it gets hard to tell if the topic discussed is still valid. For example, several talk about HanDBase 3. Are they still valid for HanDBase 4?

I agree completely- this is one of the reasons we stopped support of HanDBase3, as we never would update the HanDBase articles that referred to older versions since many users were still running on HanDBase3 and may have needed access to them. As of the 5th of June, this is no longer the case, and we plan to start going through the articles this week and updating and purging as needed. Sorry about this and hope the info will be more relevant in the near future!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase General Discussion