How to resize columns on device

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

How to resize columns on device

Postby seanm » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:04 pm

I can't figure out how to resize columns in default view on my 8900. All I can find is a choice of 3,4,or 5 columns. Any help?
seanm

Re: How to resize columns on device

Postby dhaupert » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:28 am

seanm wrote:I can't figure out how to resize columns in default view on my 8900. All I can find is a choice of 3,4,or 5 columns. Any help?

Hi Sean,

Unfortunately there is no sizing of the columns on the BlackBerry yet. This is a feature we have planned for the next feature update of the BlackBerry version- to use the column width set for each field on the desktop. Don't have a date for it, we're just starting on this update now and using a new programmer as well, so it may take some time.
dhaupert

Postby seanm » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:53 pm

Thanks, fellas, and keep up the good work!
seanm

Postby Nivlaek » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Any change on the status of columns, views, etc. on the Blackberry? I have successfully changed views on the Desktop, but they don't port over to the Blackberry Curve 8330. The views show up and are selectable, but they field/column width does not change.

What are the pixel limits on the Blackberry? Field/pixel display width limit?

Anyone?
Thanks.
Nivlaek
Nivlaek

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:44 am

Hi there,

Thanks for checking in on it. The programmer we started with last summer didn't last very long unfortunately and while that update did ship in the fall, it was done by me, and did not have the field widths setting implemented. I don't have a date for it's implementation, but it is still planned. Since I'm the only programmer working on many different versions of HanDBase, I have to rotate through updates for each platform. Thus when I finished the BlackBerry update in the fall, I moved on to the iPhone update that was released earlier this month. Next comes the Mac version and others to follow, but I do plan on working on the BlackBerry version along with them in the near future. If you follow these forums you'll see when the update is available as I'll post here to announce it!

Sorry about this.
dhaupert

Postby Nivlaek » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Ok, Thanks for the update. Everything else seems to be kosher for what I have started working with.

Nivlaek
Nivlaek

Postby Nivlaek » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:16 pm

Any status change on this request?
Nivlaek

Postby dhaupert » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Unfortunately not- there haven't been any BlackBerry updates for some time. I wish I had better news, but the rest of the year is pretty well mapped out for other development.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry