Forms changes don't sync.

Discuss HanDBase running on various Palm OS devices and synchronization with desktop computers.

Forms changes don't sync.

Postby glenwf » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:19 pm

I've worked with forms in the past, but not for a long time. I want to create a form and have no problem doing so in Desktop which is the easiest way to do it. When I save the form and go back to the database and exit it selecting the user to save it to everything is ok.

When I sync the forms created, or edited when created on the Palm, they do not get back to the Palm. This happens even though if any actual data is changed at the same time, the data is synced from the desktop to the palm, but the change in the Form, or creation of a Form is not synced, but is overwritten by the Palm.

All my databases have no problem syncing, using new information from desktop or Palm and syncing the information. It seems only the Forms that can not be created or edited on the Desktop and the work transmitted to the Palm.

I've played with this with multiple files with the same result. I need the Desktop version of Forms to do my work, Palm is just too hard.

Any suggestions about how to get the Forms to sync?

Palm Zire 31, ver 5.2.8
HandBase Pro, ver 4.1.0 Build R2
HandBase Desktop ver 4.1.0

Thanks.
glenwf

Re: Forms changes don't sync.

Postby dhaupert » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:23 pm

Hi there,

First off, hope you don't mind that I moved your topic, but it was really Palm OS related, and not general in nature, so I did some housekeeping!

The forms themselves are stored in a separate file. It's still a PDB file, but it's separate from the main database itself. Our conduit syncs the database files using a record based sync, but the Forms files are treated quite differently. Before we get too far with this, can you tell me when you save the forms file if you are prompted to install to a user? If so, are you selecting your username from the list?

If that is the case, then perhaps sending a copy of the sync log would be helpful at this point..
dhaupert

Re: Forms changes don't sync.

Postby DavidDevaneyJr » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:01 pm

This reply was sent to webmaster@ddhsoftware.com

Thanks for moving it. I noticed where I should have posted it after the
fact.

Just did it again (made a new form on desktop) for fun and made sure the
last entry included mention of the file
- Wrote Week - Day_HDF (10)

I was asked to save it and I did to my user.

Looked in the following folder and I see the file "Week_-_Day_HDF.PDB"
C:\Program Files\palmOne\ForistG\Backup

The form did not get transferred to my Palm.

Attached is the log. You will notice that I am using BackupBuddy. That
should not be causing the problem though I wouldn't think.
Regards,
David Devaney, Jr.
DavidDevaneyJr

Return to HanDBase for Palm OS