Palm Pre Plus: Walmart, $30

Discuss HanDBase running on various Palm OS devices and synchronization with desktop computers.

Palm Pre Plus: Walmart, $30

Postby BruceArnold » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:41 pm

I went to the local Verizon store to check out the Pre Plus and their plans. They didn't have the Pre Plus, and they weren't going to. "Costs us too much to get, for what we can sell it for." These puppies are advertising on TV for $149; I can't believe the store's wholesale cost is anywhere near that high. They try to sell me what they do have but I am disgusted and leave.

So I figure, let's look on the web and see if anyone is selling it. I can always get it activated. First thing I see, the Verizon online store is selling it for $79, nearly half the advertised price. This seems pretty good to me and I almost buy it. But I figure it won't hurt to look further.

Then Google tells me that Walmart has it for $30. Yep, that's right. This includes a two year contract with Verizon but that's OK, I'm not on contract with anyone right now. At that price, I can afford to get the Touchstone recharger ($40.)

So it's been ordered and, according to the latest email, shipped.

Oh yeah, free shipping.

Sometimes persistence (and a little attitude) pay off. :D
BruceArnold

Re: Palm Pre Plus: Walmart, $30

Postby dhaupert » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Congrats- that's an amazing price! I hope you like the phone.

David Devaney (who works here at DDH) was looking to buy a Droid a few weeks ago. They are supposed to be 200, but amazon had it for 110 dollars, a much better price. Then the price war started and before long they were 50 dollars at wirefly. The final killer part of the deal came when Bing.com was giving 100.00 back on a purchase of a Droid when bought through their search engine. So basically he got paid 50.00 in the end to own a cutting edge smart phone!

It's amazing, just a few years ago we were blown away by getting a cheap do-nothing phone for free, and now we get something more powerful than the Space Shuttle's computers for free with a plan ;)
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Palm OS