Using Forms

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Using Forms

Postby sevenrhinos » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:57 pm

I would have thought that using forms would be much easier to work with. I would like to use forms almost exclusively rather than the spreadsheet views. One thing that I have been trying to do is to add a new record using forms. It doesn't seem to have this feature or at least there is something I don't understand. I have played around with it for hours trying to add a new records but with no success.

I have a 30 day trial so I'm under the gun to see if HanDBase is something that I want to use. If this doesn't work does anyone have a direction they could point me to work with databases and an Ipaq?

Thanks

Brad
sevenrhinos

Re: Using Forms

Postby dhaupert » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:42 am

sevenrhinos wrote:I would have thought that using forms would be much easier to work with. I would like to use forms almost exclusively rather than the spreadsheet views. One thing that I have been trying to do is to add a new record using forms. It doesn't seem to have this feature or at least there is something I don't understand. I have played around with it for hours trying to add a new records but with no success.

I have a 30 day trial so I'm under the gun to see if HanDBase is something that I want to use. If this doesn't work does anyone have a direction they could point me to work with databases and an Ipaq?

Thanks

Brad

To add a record from a form, add a button control to it. In the details for the button go to the Action tab and choose the action 'Create Record'. That should do it!

In regards to you plan to avoid using the record list view, you can also go to the startup options for a database and select to open a specific record so that when opened it will go right to your form.

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase General Discussion