Views and Adjustable columns still not available.

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

Views and Adjustable columns still not available.

Postby Nivlaek » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:30 pm

Can you give us any idea when different views and
adjustable column widths or field widths will be working on the Blackberries?

Hiding fields is also not an option.

Thank You for listening!
Nivlaek

Re: Views and Adjustable columns still not available.

Postby dhaupert » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:14 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your posting. You should be able to select from defined views already. That will hide the hidden fields from view, that were defined in the view. Adjusting the properties of views on the BlackBerry is not something on the docket for any near update. I'll definitely consider it if interest grows in this.

I do plan on implementing the Blackberry version obeying the field width settings for a field. That's something I'd hope to see in the next update or two!
dhaupert

Postby Nivlaek » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:37 pm

So you are saying that a view I create from the desktop should port over the blackberry?
Nivlaek

Postby dhaupert » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:11 am

Hi there,

Yes, you should be able to define them on the desktop. If it's a database you already have on the BlackBerry, you'll have to force a desktop override, since Views don't actually two way sync. To do this, select File, Install to Smartphone/Handheld and then choose your BlackBerry. On the next sync, it will install it over the one on the BlackBerry. Make sure you didn't have any new data on your BlackBerry as it will be overwritten!
dhaupert

Postby Nivlaek » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:40 am

Thank you for the reply. Now I understand... I think. Previously I could not get the views to transfer to the Blackberry. But based on your reply, I see that it is possible, but I was simply deleting the database on my blackberry and re-transferring from the desktop.

PLEASE understand. I really like the ease of the software. It does work very well. But the view on the blackberry is less than desirable. My biggest gripe is the field widths displayed on the phone. The forced field widths on how Handbase displays the info on the phone affects the functionality of the database trying to be displayed.

I guess i will just sit tight and wait til an update comes down the pipe.

One more question.... is it possible to embed an image to a field? Not a weblink, but an image?

THANKS!!!!

Calvin
Nivlaek

Postby dhaupert » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:57 am

Hi Calvin,

I understand completely and hope to have an update to address the widths in the future.

There is currently not any support for an embedded image, sorry!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry