Landscape to Portrait issue

Discussion of HanDBase running on Windows Mobile Classic and Professional (formerly Pocket PC) devices and smartphones and syncing with a desktop computer.

Landscape to Portrait issue

Postby Dlevymd1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:46 pm

Hi Dave,

One of the guys in my medical group who is using an AT&T Tilt 2 (Windows Mobile 6.5) is having the following issue: In list view, when in landscape (with the slide-out keyboard out) when you open a record, then slide in the keyboard (portrait), half the record is to the right of the screen. I told him I would post this bug in hopes that the fix would be quick and easy, AS I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE TIME AWAY FROM ANDROID DEVELOPMENT!!! I am excited about Handbase on Android, I have my sites on the upcoming Dell Streak. Of course, I can't buy a device unless it run HandBase!!! The new iPhone looks awesome but OS 4.0 still seems to lack a good file explorer system, which is driving me crazy.
I hope all is well with you and your family.
Warmest regards,
Dan
Dlevymd1

Re: Landscape to Portrait issue

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:28 am

Hi Dan,

Great to hear from you. Would it be possible to get a screenshot of the behavior you're describing? I can't envision what you are describing in my mind and hopefully that will provide some clues.

re: iPhone 4.0, the feature that enables attachments to work with HanDBase on the iPad version will be possible with v4.0 of the iPhone OS. You'll likely never see a file explorer type of function in the iPhone as by design apps are shielded from other apps accessing files in a generic manner. This is a security motive Apple has and as much as it's an impediment in some ways, it's actually quite a good idea from the security perspective. That said, the new file handling feature in the ipad and now in iPhone OS 4.0 works around this so that apps can pass files to each other. I think that solves 90% of the cases, as long as developers update and support this feature. I know we are!

re: Android, hard at work as we speak on that version :)
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows Mobile Classic and Professional