Shared databases between desktop, iPad, and iPhone

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Shared databases between desktop, iPad, and iPhone

Postby manoon88 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:34 pm

I want to share all the same databases between desktop, iPad, and iPhone. I select Edit Sync Settings for the iPad and iPhone, use the "+" to choose the databases from the desktop, and they are added to the "Shared Databases" list. Below "Shared Databases (#of entries)" there is "Available Shared Databases (0)". When I sync either the iPad or the iPhone, none of the databases appear on either device. What I am I missing?
manoon88

Re: Shared databases between desktop, iPad, and iPhone

Postby dhaupert » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:25 am

Hi there,

Thanks for writing. You are on the right track. When you add a shared database, it will show up under the section titled 'Shared databases'. If you expand that tree, you'll see the database you added. Click on it and then you can control it's settings- along the bottom is an option of who to share this with. You can check the all users option and it will share with all of your device partnerships. Or you can pick and choose individually.

Check the other settings above as well and make sure it all looks good.

I just verified on my devices that the database was installed if it wasn't already there. If the above is still not working for you, let me know and we'll take a look at the sync logs to see what could be happening.
dhaupert

Postby manoon88 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:27 am

Thanks. I realize now from the sync log that I have not been syncing successfully. I will determine why and accomplish it before we take this any further.
manoon88

Postby manoon88 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:38 pm

Thanks. I was not syncing properly. Problem solved.
manoon88

Postby dhaupert » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Out of curiosity what was missing from your steps? I'd like to know what may be a common misconception and maybe someday improve the product.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Mac