I have handbase 3 & 4 but I only need to use 3

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

I have handbase 3 & 4 but I only need to use 3

Postby Sandra » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:16 pm

I am a student with southern union and use handbase for clinic (going to hospitals). When I first purchased handbase it was the 3.75. My teacher told us we were going to update to 4.0, so I downloaded 4. Well, 4 does not support all of the files we use for school. Today when I synced my palm with my computer, it put 4 back on my palm pilot and I don't know how to get 3 back on it. I only have partial use of some of my files and I have to have 3 back on there by tomorrow.
Sandra

Re: I have handbase 3 & 4 but I only need to use 3

Postby DavidDevaneyJr » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Hello,

Since HanDBase 3.x is no longer supported, as of June 5th, 2009, the only possible option would be to see if you have the HanDBase 3.75 version still installed on your computer. If you do then you could use Windows Explorer or go through My Computer to look in C:\Program Files\ and see if you see a HanDBase3 folder. You'll likely see the HanDBase4 folder there. If you do see both HanDBase3 and HanDBase4 then open the HanDBase3 folder and see if you can find either HanDBase.PRC or HanDBase3.PRC. If so double click whichever you do find and that will open the Palm Install Tool to queue that file up to Install. Then do a HotSync and the 3.x version should be properly re-installed.

You may also want to make sure that the Backup conduit in the HotSync Manager is NOT set to Desktop Overwrites Handheld. If it is you'll need to change that back to Handheld Overwrites Desktop and check the Set as Default box. If it is set wrong that would likely be why this happened.

If that doesn't help then the only real option would be to try to determine why your files are not properly working in the 4.x version. You'd want to contact support[at]ddhsoftware[dot]com, replacing the words in brackets with the appropriate symbols, for assistance. You might also try downloading the latest 4.x version as there have been some bugs fixes in the software recently that could correct the problem you are seeing.
Regards,
David Devaney, Jr.
DavidDevaneyJr

Postby Sandra » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi David,
I did get 3 back on my palm, but now my license key won't work.
Sandra

Postby DavidDevaneyJr » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:59 pm

Sandra wrote:Hi David,
I did get 3 back on my palm, but now my license key won't work.

I've sent you a message via normal email. Please check this.
Regards,
David Devaney, Jr.
DavidDevaneyJr

Return to HanDBase General Discussion