v 3 backup on desktop gone

Discuss HanDBase running on various Palm OS devices and synchronization with desktop computers.

v 3 backup on desktop gone

Postby greggb » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:19 pm

I no longer have my version 3 backup on my palm desktop software. Running windows xp. Any suggestions? Thanks
greggb

Re: v 3 backup on desktop gone

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:48 am

greggb wrote:I no longer have my version 3 backup on my palm desktop software. Running windows xp. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi Gregg,

I'm not sure I understand the question- by 'version 3 backup on your palm desktop software' do you mean the Database files are missing on your computer? Or do you mean the backup of the installer of HanDBase v3 is nowhere to be seen?

If it's the latter, I'd suggest upgrading to v4 of HanDBase. We stopped supporting HanDBase v3 as you probably know from all the notices we sent out. But if you're an active user, we'd appreciate your support of our latest version, which you can upgrade to via our registered users' page:

At the top right of any page on the DDH Software main site, you'll see a Registered Users' link. Click that and log in, and then choose the HanDBase Upgrade WIzard option along the right.
Follow the instructions on upgrading your product to v4 and then you can download and install.

If it's the first issue (missing database files), since we stopped supporting HanDBase v3 a month or so ago, there is not much assistance I can provide. Two quick things to try:

1. Search your computer using the Windows search for files or folders feature for *.PDB and see if you can find the files located in any other folder.
2. If the files are on your Palm, do a sync, and they should go to the Backup folder or the HanDBase folder after the sync.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Palm OS