could handbase 4 pro for winmo ppc works on smartphone samsu

Discussion of HanDBase running on Windows Mobile Classic and Professional (formerly Pocket PC) devices and smartphones and syncing with a desktop computer.

could handbase 4 pro for winmo ppc works on smartphone samsu

Postby daviderojas » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:17 am

hi, i'm a handbase 4 pro user on win vista desktop and LG phone with pocket pc windows mobile 6 pro but my phone now is broken so i must to change to a new one, i'm interesting to get a samsung i637, it's a smartphone with winmo 6.1 standard but is not a pocket pc, and i'm not sure if can i reinstall the app that comes with my actually version (4 pro for ppc?) and it will work ok or i must get again another version for smartphone?. 2nd question: what's happen with my forms?, should i optimize them? Thanks u
daviderojas

Re: could handbase 4 pro for winmo ppc works on smartphone s

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Hello,

This new phone that you are interested in doesn't have a touch screen and therefore falls into the realm of Windows Mobile Smartphone. This would require a crossgrade of your existing license, which would entail a small fee to transfer you to a different version.

Have you switched to this phone or are you only considering it? If you have already switched to it, let me know and I'll explain how to crossgrade your registration.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby dhaupert » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:33 am

If you haven't bought that phone yet, I'd personally recommend against it. The Smartphone platform without the touch screen is much more limited- very few apps will work with it (though HanDBase is one of them) and those that do are a more limited set of features. If you do go with it, your forms should still run but you may need to scroll around to see everything on your larger forms.
dhaupert

Postby daviderojas » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply, It must be this kind of cellphone due my cell provider gave me it for replacement, I need to migrate all my database and forms to smartphone edition for now, maybe in the future I will buy a touch phone but, now i must keep work because this data is for work pourposes, i will need support for changes, I'm agree and know that i will lose some features from touch version, by the way, may you explain what exactly features will lose? please tell me what do i need to do first to do as soon as possible...thanks in advance

david rojas
daviderojas

Postby daviderojas » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:05 pm

by the way, I have now the cellphone in mention, and downloaded the demo version, but it is expired now. My current phone is a Samsung Jack i637 with windows mobile 6.1 standard in spanish version.
daviderojas

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:35 am

Hello,

Thanks for writing. The demo should function for 30 days. After 30 days you will need to register the full version. You do have a 30 day money back guarantee on the full version, though. so it's kind of like a 60 day trial to an extent. If you find it doesn't meet your needs, let us know and we'll issue a refund.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Windows Mobile Classic and Professional