Updates?

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

Updates?

Postby Nivlaek » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:04 am

Can you please post when we might find updates available for the Blackberry? I basically stopped using Handbase because it does nothing for me on my Blackberry. I still can not use forms/format data on the blackberry in a viewable/functional way. A simple list of database information is not how I planned on using Handbase. The time spent formatting data on the Desktop, only to be unable to port it to the phone is frustrating.

:(

Nivlaek
Nivlaek

Re: Updates?

Postby dhaupert » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry you're not happy with the program. As it is right now, I don't have any updates for BlackBerry in the works. I plan to address a few minor bugs in early 2011, but we honestly don't have any major development planned for it at this point. Forms has never been planned or announced for the BlackBerry, as development of it would not be practical under the current development environments RIM offers. I maintain hope that in the future they will open up to allowing compiled applications and not just java interpreted ones so that we could pursue using our advanced libraries with the platform. Sorry I don't have better news!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry