Dial from a database

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

Dial from a database

Postby FinianLennon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:34 am

Where should I see the option to dial a number from a database?

I'm using an original Storm and I've created databases and views successfully. Being able to dial is the last thing I need.

Does the format of the phone number in the text field matter?
FinianLennon

Re: Dial from a database

Postby dhaupert » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. When you are in the View record screen you highlight the field containing the phone number, and then press the BlackBerry button. You should see an option to dial there. Let me know if you don't as I'm basing this from memory as I don't have a storm device to double check!
dhaupert

Postby FinianLennon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi Dave:

I thought that might be it but it doesn't seem to work. The only way to "highlight" in the "View Record" screen is to select the text (which in itself is a feat!) but the menu options don't change or include a "Dial" option even when the text is selected.

Is it possibly a device incompatibility? I'm still on the old Storm.

I'm going to switch my own phone to an iPhone or Android but I see that dial is not an option on Android yet. Any idea when it might be?

Thanks for your help.
FinianLennon

Postby dhaupert » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:22 am

Hi there,

I do plan on adding a dial feature to the Android version in the first few months of this year. It's pretty high up on the priority list! iPhone already has this feature.

In regards to the Storm, I will try to locate the menu option..
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry