DDH for WebOS

Discuss HanDBase running on various Palm OS devices and synchronization with desktop computers.

DDH for WebOS

Postby HoehnRA » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Since my introduction to HanDBase in 2005, it has become the "killer app" for my PDA experience. I did not have a specific model of smartphone in mind when my T|X quit fall of 2008. I started researching iPhone and Blackberry options until the announcement of the Palm Pre in January 2009.
I bought a Pre in June. I downloaded and explored MotionApps' Classic program, but it doesn't recognize the databases I've installed, any of them. I depend immensely on the HanDBase application for access to the databases I've created and those I've downloaded in the past. The partnership DDH Software announced in January gave me high hopes for the Palm Pre's release and usefulness as the platform in which I would invest.
Classic's current limitations are not providing access to the HanDBase application which is so important to me. Please act immediately to develop a WebOS-version of your award-winning software. Thank you.
HoehnRA

Re: DDH for WebOS

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:39 pm

HoehnRA wrote:Since my introduction to HanDBase in 2005, it has become the "killer app" for my PDA experience. I did not have a specific model of smartphone in mind when my T|X quit fall of 2008. I started researching iPhone and Blackberry options until the announcement of the Palm Pre in January 2009.
I bought a Pre in June. I downloaded and explored MotionApps' Classic program, but it doesn't recognize the databases I've installed, any of them. I depend immensely on the HanDBase application for access to the databases I've created and those I've downloaded in the past. The partnership DDH Software announced in January gave me high hopes for the Palm Pre's release and usefulness as the platform in which I would invest.
Classic's current limitations are not providing access to the HanDBase application which is so important to me. Please act immediately to develop a WebOS-version of your award-winning software. Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your thoughts and interest. I was confused with what you meant by the partnership that DDH Software announced in January. What was that exactly?

In regards to your issues with Classic and HanDBase, are you sure you're installing them properly? There is a process there, and it's dependant on which version of Classic you're using. Let me know if you have the very latest Classic and I can provide you some steps. I know there are quite a few users running HanDBase on their Pre and not having these issues!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Palm OS