Record Edit

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

Record Edit

Postby lagunacreek » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:02 pm

I cannot edit records (i.e. make changes) on my Blackberry if they were created on the desktop. I can edit records if I created them on the Blackberry. Is there something I need to do to make the records created on the desktop editable?
lagunacreek

Re: Record Edit

Postby dhaupert » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:00 pm

What happens when you try to edit them on the BlackBerry? I'm not aware of any issues with this, so any info or details could help me figure out what could be going on.

Thanks in advance.
dhaupert

Postby lagunacreek » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:57 am

Just wanted to do an update:
HDB advised me to do a reset of my BB as a troubleshooting step. I pulled the battery, resynced HanDBase and everything appears to be working. Thanks! :D
lagunacreek

Postby dhaupert » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:16 pm

Thanks for letting us know!
dhaupert

Postby ecbrmd » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:50 pm

i bought the HDB plus for BB last dec 2010 and it was working fine, i could add, edit and save my records in BB.
recently i created a new database and install it in my BB, but i cant edit and save the changes in my BB for the new database i created. for the old database, everything is ok.
i already reset, pulled the battery, re-sync but it's still the same.
when i make my hospital rounds i only bring my BB and i have to encode/edit/update my records in it every now and then or else i will forget.
thanks for your support in advance
ecbrmd

Postby ecbrmd » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:53 pm

i would like to add that i am able to add record in my BB for the new DB, and am able to edit and save changes for the record i created in the BB. But for records created in the desktop these are the ones that i cant edit. thanks

ecbrMD
ecbrmd

Postby dhaupert » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear of the troubles. Can you tell me what happens when you try to edit them? Does it crash, give an error message? Please describe what happens when you try to open the record and select the edit option..
dhaupert

Postby ecbrmd » Mon May 02, 2011 7:13 pm

it does not give any error message nor does it crash. it just go back to the VIEW PAGE after selecting DONE, but the changes were not saved. i created another database, this time with no "CALCULATED" fields and did a hotsync. this time i am able to edit and record the changes in my BB. so, i presume it's the CALCULATED fields that made the previous DB uneditable. i had 10 CALCULATED FIELDS in the previous DB utilizing mostly DATES. i hope you can help..... :?
ecbrmd

Postby dhaupert » Tue May 03, 2011 8:15 am

Hi there,

You may be on to something- it could be an error that occurs when the calculations are being performed, though clearly this works for many other users and in our testing. Is it possible you can email me the desktop database so I can try installing it here and doing some debugging? My email is listed below...
dhaupert

Postby ecbrmd » Fri May 06, 2011 4:14 am

UR EFFORTS ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED. WILL EMAIL IT TO YOU.
ecbrmd

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry