Handbase for MAC - OSX-Lion

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Handbase for MAC - OSX-Lion

Postby wb2lma » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:55 am

Is there an update for the Mac version of Handbase for Lion? The program loads
but when I go to load a database it is blank, yet there is data because I am able to
load the Databases in the Windows 7 Virtual Machine.

Also, is there an update on the wine version for OSX Lion. It hangs up when it says loading
the Handbase Desktop ?

Appreciate any help available.
wb2lma

Re: Handbase for MAC - OSX-Lion

Postby dhaupert » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post- sorry to hear of your upgrade woes. I've received mixed reports concerning the compatibility of HanDBase For Mac. First, please verify you're using the latest version of the product as just today I had someone say after updating he was OK under Lion. If you're still having issues, perhaps you can email me the system log after running HanDBase for Mac? If you need help in getting this, let me know and I'll be glad to provide steps...

Re: the wine version, the wine packaging tool I use to create them has not been updated since 2010 so I'm hoping he'll do an update to bring Lion compatibility. In the meantime I'm going to do some experimenting of my own to see if I can find an alternate solution..
dhaupert

Postby wb2lma » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks Dave,

I am the person you have been in mail contact with running Lion. As I indicated in my
e-mail, i will be happy to work with you to tes potential solutions to the wine version.

Appreciate your response and help.
wb2lma

Postby christianmaya » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Hi Guys,

I have purchased the software to my Mac (Lion) and my Ipad.

I found it very useful, but i think i got the same problem.

When a sync the database I`ve created on the Ipad to the desktop software, it´s shows me nothing. I found it on an Handbase folder, but If i go to double-click it through the finder, it open a window on my chrome navigator and doesn´t show me nothing. It´s like a crased web page.

I need a solution to this issue pls, because i´ve purchase these products on 2 devices hoping it was going to be useful for my job.

Thanks and i will email you.

Christian.
christianmaya

Postby Brian_Houghton » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:31 am

Hello Christian,

Thanks for posting. Try opening the file via HanDBase Desktop to see if it opens properly. Double clicking via Finder won't open it in HanDBase Desktop without altering some configurations.

Please let me know if this works for you.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby christianmaya » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:16 am

Thank you Brian,

Unfortunately if i try opening the file through Handbase, it doesn´t work either.

The file doesn´t have the extention .PDB and it´s not on the database list on the front screen of the Handbase softaware.

What can i do?

Christian.
christianmaya

Postby JBDi » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:50 pm

Hi

I am with the same problem after the update of the Lion for 10.7 the version ( de Desktop 4.45b version stopped to function).
They more do not appear the archives in the list and when we try to open it (with de browser option) it does not recognize the archives.
Big problems to decide.

We are waiting for solutions
Tank's

Regards

JB
JBDi

Postby Javed Shakoor » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:53 am

Reading this thread has made me delay my upgrade from Snow Leopard to Lion. I need to be sure that Handbase will be working properly with the new version of the OS before I upgrade. Would urge ddhsoftware to work urgently on the solution.
Thanks
Javed Shakoor

Postby wb2lma » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Has anyone tried running the Windows Desktop Version of HandBase under Crossover on MAC OSX-Lion ?
wb2lma

Re: Handbase for MAC - OSX-Lion - CROSSOVER

Postby wb2lma » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:02 pm

I have tested Windows Handbase with Crossover and it does seem to work.
wb2lma

Next

Return to HanDBase for Mac