HandBase Data Recovery

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

HandBase Data Recovery

Postby briantomi53 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:28 pm

I use HandBase for storing my daily personal logs. Unfortunately I lost my Iphone twice. The first time, I lost an Iphone 3GS & got a upgrade replacement to Iphone 4. I was happy to note that although I didn't use the desktop wifi backup, I was able to recover most of my data with a simple sync.
The problems came when I lost the Iphone 4 & didn't have an "upgrade" with AT&T so I bought a used Iphone 3GS online. I was able to recover the App and most of the data but it dated from before I got the Iphone 4. A simple sync didn't recover the data. I use a MacBook with OS 10.6.8 and HanDBase for iPhone version 4.7.6. I hadn't run Time Machine so I can't restore to around that time. I resolved that I would just move on.
I would like to start backing up using the Desktop but I run Desktop Connect & my browser with http://192.168.0.103:8080 & I get the message: File Does not exist. It's been a long time since I ran this program & I may be doing something wrong. I would appreciate help. Is my data unrecoverable? How do I get my desktop Connect working? I realize I have been negligent with my backups so I want to start doing them. Thanks for any help I can get. Brian
briantomi53

Re: HandBase Data Recovery

Postby Brian_Houghton » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:42 am

Hello,

Thanks for writing. You are running into an issue introduced with the latest update and iOS 5. Please manually transfer your databases for the time being until we get this issue resolved.

There are a couple of ways you can do this:

1. The first is to use the file sharing feature built into iTunes.
2. The second is to email the databases between the handheld and the computer. To send a database from the handheld, go to the database selection screen, tap Manage, tap on the database name and choose the email option. The database will be attached to an outgoing email. To send a database to the handheld, attach the .pdb file to an outgoing email. Upon opening the email on the device, tap on the attachment as though you were going to open it. If the file is new to the device, it will be copied to HanDBase's sandbox directory for use. If the file already exists, new records in the incoming database will be appended to the existing copy.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby briansy27 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:11 pm

Hello Brian

I encountered the same situation when I lost my Iphone 4 just last week and like you I also used handbase to store my daily personal logs. I was so very upset since it contains very important contact's for my business and I failed to upgrade it just yet. Luckily a friend introduce me to sandiegopchelp.com who are very helpful in recovering some important data that I needed.

Thanks
Brian Sy
briansy27

Postby LynnBenson » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:28 pm

If you wanna recover iPhone data without backup, or you just only want your data back, you may have to turn to some iOS data recovery software for help. Even if you don't have any backup files, they can help you find your data back.
Last edited by LynnBenson on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
LynnBenson

Postby AlveraParsons » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:31 am

LynnBenson wrote:If you wanna recover iPhone data without backup, or you just only want your data back, you may have to turn to some iOS data recovery software for help. Even if you don't have any backup files, they can help you find your data back.

It is true?
AlveraParsons

Postby gunetel » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:49 am

If you wanna recover iPhone data without backup, or you just only want your data back, you may have to turn to some iOS data recovery software for help. Even if you don't have any backup files, they can help you find your data back.

The best option for iPhone data recovery is using iTunes or iCloud backup. If not, then make its really hard to fully recover the lost data on iOS device.
gunetel

Postby Dinnaosly » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:21 pm

If you back up your iphone, iPad to iTunes or iCloud, then you can easily restore from iTunes or iCloud. But if you didn't backup your iPhone ot iTunes or iCloud, You can't recover your lost data unless try professional iPhone data recovery program like Mobiledic, Tunesbro or other software provider. You can see this guide to learn how to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup.
Last edited by Dinnaosly on Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dinnaosly

Postby Brian_Houghton » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:43 pm

Dinnaosly wrote:If you back up your iphone, iPad to iTunes or iCloud, then you can easily restore from iTunes or iCloud.

Yes, you can restore an iTunes or iCloud backup to your iOS device with relative ease. Most important part is to make sure your backups are fully up to date.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch