News on 4.8.1 Syncing Bug

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Re: News on 4.8.1 Syncing Bug

Postby jfeathers3 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:24 pm

Over the weekend the 4.8.2 version became available and I installed it along with the update to the desktop program. It worked great with no problems. Great work in getting a quick fix initiated.
When signing onto Itunes to get the update installed I received a push to update iOS5 to iOS 5.0.1. I did not elect to install until I had my HandBase synced. Has anyone installed the update to IPOD Touch before or after HandBase 4.8.2 was installed? I am a bit hesitant to run the update since it obviously came out after 4.8.2 was released.
jfeathers3

Postby aronis » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Thank you very much for fixing that bug so quickly!

I had put it on the back burner and been emailing the files and did not even realize that it was fixed!

Great Program. Great Product Support.

Thank you very much,

Mike Aronis
aronis

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:19 pm

jfeathers3 wrote:Over the weekend the 4.8.2 version became available and I installed it along with the update to the desktop program. It worked great with no problems. Great work in getting a quick fix initiated.
When signing onto Itunes to get the update installed I received a push to update iOS5 to iOS 5.0.1. I did not elect to install until I had my HandBase synced. Has anyone installed the update to IPOD Touch before or after HandBase 4.8.2 was installed? I am a bit hesitant to run the update since it obviously came out after 4.8.2 was released.

You should be okay to update the handheld app. The main thing we are working on is resolving some floating point issues, so if you use a float value in your calculated fields they won't update properly.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:19 pm

aronis wrote:Thank you very much for fixing that bug so quickly!

I had put it on the back burner and been emailing the files and did not even realize that it was fixed!

Great Program. Great Product Support.

Thank you very much,

Mike Aronis

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update!
Kind Regards,
Brian_Houghton

Postby dhaupert » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:29 pm

jfeathers3 wrote:Over the weekend the 4.8.2 version became available and I installed it along with the update to the desktop program. It worked great with no problems. Great work in getting a quick fix initiated.

I believe Brian may have misread your posting- either that or I am misreading it! It seems you're asking about whether 5.0.1 is compatible with HanDBase 4.8.2 or will any new problems pop up. If that's the case, while I don't believe there are any issues with it and HanDBase, I am aware that 5.0.1 has a number of issues that are causing iPhone and iPod users havoc. If you do some searching online you'll see complaints about contacts bugs and other weird things, plus the main fix in 5.0.1 was for the iPhone 4S battery life issue, which apparently it did not solve. So it may not be worth the hassle to update at this point.

Looks like DDH is not the only company who botches their iOS updates! Sorry, couldn't resist!
dhaupert

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:33 pm

Sorry... I'm having a bit of trouble reading sometimes :)

I have iOS 5.0.1 on the handheld and do all my testing against it. You can use HanDBase 4.8.2 with it. You will encounter the issue with float values in calculations as noted earlier.

As for issues with iOS 5.0.1 itself, I'm afraid I can't comment as I really haven't had the opportunity to "play" with it much.
Kind Regards,
Brian_Houghton

Postby Boscovec » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:19 pm

Did both updates when they were available without issue. I synced first to be safe. iOS 5.01 was supposed to help with battery life and some security issues. One was you could bring up Siri and it would unlock your device without a pin code if you used one.

Dave
-----------------------------
Boscovec
Boscovec

Previous

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch