Merging bug in newest version

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Merging bug in newest version

Postby efanous » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:14 pm

Handbase plus desktop for iphone does not merge all of the files in a smaller database. They are identical types with identical headings. Why would it merge some, but not others?

Elias Fanous M.D.
efanous

Re: Merging bug in newest version

Postby dhaupert » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:37 pm

efanous wrote:Handbase plus desktop for iphone does not merge all of the files in a smaller database. They are identical types with identical headings. Why would it merge some, but not others?

Elias Fanous M.D.

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Can you please clarify a few things?

1. You used the term merge, are you using the File|merge command, or are you referring to the iPhone conduit synchronization?

2. What do you mean by identical types with identical headings?

Please clarify as I'm not sure what you're describing!
dhaupert

Postby efanous » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:11 pm

I am referring to the "Merge" function under the "File" menu. Each week I merge a small list of patients into my original large file. However, the program seems to merge the newest ones and deletes the last ones I merged. I hope this is clear.

EF
efanous

Postby dhaupert » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:31 pm

efanous wrote:I am referring to the "Merge" function under the "File" menu. Each week I merge a small list of patients into my original large file. However, the program seems to merge the newest ones and deletes the last ones I merged. I hope this is clear.

EF

Thanks, that does clear things up. It sounds to me like perhaps the small file you are using came from deleting all records in an older version. Like as though you are wiping it clean to have a fresh start. The reason I think that is because when you delete a record it marks it for deletion. The next merge will propogate those deletes to the larger database at that time!

The solution there is to keep an empty template that has no records and go back to that when you have completed your merge.

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows