Delete a Data Base

Discuss HanDBase running on various Palm OS devices and synchronization with desktop computers.

Delete a Data Base

Postby grputnam » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:19 am

I have a data base I have used for a long time. It will not open on my Palm E2 but will open on my desktop. I have tried to delete it on the Palm but it will not delete. When I delete it, it askes me if I want to delete it and I say yes. It does not delete. I have tried to sync it with the desk top overwriting the Palm but it still does not work. I have synced on both the HanDBase desk top and the Palm desktop.

Have any suggestions?
Gordon
grputnam

Re: Delete a Data Base

Postby dhaupert » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:27 am

grputnam wrote:I have a data base I have used for a long time. It will not open on my Palm E2 but will open on my desktop. I have tried to delete it on the Palm but it will not delete. When I delete it, it askes me if I want to delete it and I say yes. It does not delete. I have tried to sync it with the desk top overwriting the Palm but it still does not work. I have synced on both the HanDBase desk top and the Palm desktop.

Have any suggestions?
Gordon

Hi Gordon,

It sounds like the version on the Palm is corrupt and that's why it won't delete. A few things to try:

1. Instead of syncing with the desktop version, try using the Palm install tool to queue the desktop version of that file for install. This will happen before any conduits, and hopefully it will overwrite the database.

2. If that does not work, I'd recommend the freeware app called Filez. It gives you per database access to each database stored on your Palm. You can try deleting from that program to get rid of the offending file. You can find this in many places on the net. here's one:
http://mytreo.net/downloads/filez,3.html

3. Worst case scenario would be doing a hard reset and then restoring from your desktop. Hopefully it won't be required, but keep in mind this is always an option.

Let me know how it goes!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Palm OS