OS 7.1

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

OS 7.1

Postby palomartian » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Got JVM errors after loading HDB back into my 9900 with 7.1 installed. In the process of trying various re-installations I managed to convince my desktop app it had exceeded my free trial period. Now I have neither device nor desktop software functioning. Any thoughts?
palomartian

Re: OS 7.1

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:25 pm

We had another user report this problem with OS 7.1. We are not aware of a solution at this time.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Re: OS 7.1

Postby palomartian » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:45 pm

10-4. I do understand why there is no interest in pursuing BBOS solutions: Waste of time. Not to worry. I found DBViewer Plus. Not nearly as sophisticated but adequate for my needs. It is also significantly less resource intensive using about 1/5 the memory, it loads big DBs to the handheld in seconds, it runs a lot faster on the device (i.e. quicker searches, instant record viewing...), and I can call directly from phone numbers in the DB, a huge plus. I'm hoping the WP8 devices get a solid DB app since they are supposed to share a lot of DNA with Win 8. A win-win, if you'll pardon the pun. Like you, I don't see BBOS as being around much longer. Sincere thanks for years of help.
palomartian

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry