ios 14.5 not syncing - connect to wifi

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

ios 14.5 not syncing - connect to wifi

Postby gsman » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:56 am

is there an incompatibility with IOS 14.5?
I am no longer able to sync my database - Please connect to wifi......
Ran all of the troubleshooting for not connecting - still unable.
gsman

Re: ios 14.5 not syncing - connect to wifi

Postby curtterp » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:24 pm

gsman wrote:is there an incompatibility with IOS 14.5?
I am no longer able to sync my database - Please connect to wifi......
Ran all of the troubleshooting for not connecting - still unable.

I am having no issues with syncing with iOS14.5 installed. I was able to sync with my Mac and Windows computers.

Based on the partial error message, it sounds like the iPhone is having issues with your wireless network. I know that you through troubleshooting, but let's give it one more try. I am assuming that this is your home network, not your work network. If it is your work network, you need to make sure that your iPhone has permission to connect to the work network.

• Press Settings->Wi-Fi
  • You should see a checkmark next to your network. If you do not see a checkmark next to any network, then there is a connection issue to the network.
  • Press on the information icon (circle with an 'i' in the middle). Then press on 'Forget This Network'
  • Press on Forget on the confirmation screen.
  • Turn off Wi-Fi
  • Wait about 30 seconds, then turn Wi-Fi back on again.
  • Look for your network. Press on the Network name.
  • Enter the network password
  • The network should move to the top of the list just below the Wi-Fi with a checkmark.
  • Open HanDBase on your iPhone
  • Press on the Desktop Connect icon
  • You should see an IP address that is on your network.

If you are not seeing an IP address, or you get errors that you cannot resolve, let me know where the error is happening and the full error message.

Good Luck
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby gsman » Wed May 05, 2021 10:20 am

Hi Curt:
First off....... Geeezzzz I see you joined the forum about the same time I did...... This has got to still be one of my best all time apps......and my most used.
I thought I responded back to this.... I discovered - about the same time I also turned on a VPN on my phone..... stopped the VPN and Voila - all is good.
Thanks
gsman

Postby curtterp » Wed May 05, 2021 1:24 pm

gsman wrote:Hi Curt:
First off....... Geeezzzz I see you joined the forum about the same time I did...... This has got to still be one of my best all time apps......and my most used.
I thought I responded back to this.... I discovered - about the same time I also turned on a VPN on my phone..... stopped the VPN and Voila - all is good.
Thanks

Glad to hear that you found the issue. VPN was about the only thing I didn't think of.

Yes, I have a couple of databases from my Palm V days. Although HanDBase is no longer on my daily app list, I still use it from time to time. I have used it with a Palm, Windows Mobile Device, Android, and iPhone. I also have purchased the Windows and Mac Desktops.

So yeah, I am an old user in more ways than one.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby RRettke » Sun May 23, 2021 4:47 pm

I have followed all the instructions given.
VPN off and verified off.
Forgot wifi
Closed Handbase
Reconnected wifi
verified vpn still off
restarted handbase
still get the following…

Error: To Use This Feature
You Must Connect to a WiFi Network

Am running iOS 14.5.1
RRettke

Postby dreslism1 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:47 am

I am having the exact same issue and and done all the requested steps too.

Very frustrating to not be able to connect and grab data.

I’ve seen no responses to these posts, has anyone read them?

Long time user from early Palm days.
dreslism1

Postby curtterp » Mon May 24, 2021 9:52 am

RRettke wrote:I have followed all the instructions given.
VPN off and verified off.
Forgot wifi
Closed Handbase
Reconnected wifi
verified vpn still off
restarted handbase
still get the following…

Error: To Use This Feature
You Must Connect to a WiFi Network

Am running iOS 14.5.1

Is this a home WiFi network, or a business WiFi network? The reason why I ask is that there are a lot of businesses that will not allow personal devices to hook up to the company WiFi.

Do you have the WiFi icon in the upper right hand corner?

On your WiFi router, do you have any other settings like Mac Addressing filters setup? If so, do you have your iPhone entered in to allow access to your WiFi?

Has anything changed since you were able to access your wifi? Did you add any VPN or proxy server apps to your iPhone?

Did you shut down your iPhone and then turn it back on? To shut down the iPhone, go to Settings->General then scroll down to the bottom and press on shutdown. There will be a slider to move to the right, and the iPhone will shut down. Wait about a minute, then press on the power button until you see the Apple icon. Log back into the iPhone wait for the WiFi icon to show back up next to the battery, and try again.

Post back on the results.
Have a good day

Curt
curtterp

Postby VelvetLounger » Tue May 25, 2021 12:23 am

I'm also having this exact issue. I can connect just fine with my ipad. This phone has never been synced to Handbase before. I have no VPN's. Its a home network with no restrictions. The phone is properly connected to the wifi, I even turned my cell service off to test. The phone is running 14.5.1.

I have 'forgotten' my wifi network. turned off wifi for a few minutes. Reconnected to wifi, relaunched Handbase. But Handbase still thinks the phone has no wifi.
Using HanDBase since I had my Palm 3.
VelvetLounger

Postby dreslism1 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:43 am

I have been trying to rely to this thread like 3 times now.

My posts are not making it.

Mine is home Wi-Fi, I have the same issue, and the only thing that changed is I now have the latest iOS version mentioned by everyone else.
dreslism1

Postby curtterp » Tue May 25, 2021 9:39 am

VelvetLounger wrote:I'm also having this exact issue. I can connect just fine with my ipad. This phone has never been synced to Handbase before. I have no VPN's. Its a home network with no restrictions. The phone is properly connected to the wifi, I even turned my cell service off to test. The phone is running 14.5.1.

I have 'forgotten' my wifi network. turned off wifi for a few minutes. Reconnected to wifi, relaunched Handbase. But Handbase still thinks the phone has no wifi.

Have you tried to turn off the iPhone and then restart it?

Even after an update, sometimes turning off the iPhone then turn it back on might help.

Which iPhone do you have?
Have a good day

Curt
curtterp

Next

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch