Changing field order does not stick

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Changing field order does not stick

Postby jfh » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:54 am

Using the iPad version -

When I change field order in Properties, it doesn’t stick. Same issue with changing attributes (visible/not visible in edit screen)

I was in a view and changed field order on the database level. When I opened a record everything looked fine. At some point, the field order reverted to the original order. Went into both the view field order and database field order changed them both. Still doesn’t stick.

I am pulling my hair out. Things will be fine for a few days and then (maybe after I do something) the field order in the edit view is off again. How to I get field orders and display attributes to stick? The only way I have been able to do this is to make a new database from scratch with the fields in the order I want from 1-100. I have a fully populated database and really don’t want to build new and renter the data.
jfh

Re: Changing field order does not stick

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:57 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry for the frustration you're having! I believe the issue is that the view you have selected may have this option set:

In the View properties, there is a setting that says: When Filters and Sorting change - there are two options for it, one is 'Do NOT update view'. When this is set, then any changes you make outside the view settings themselves won't stick and each time you reload the app or database, it will revert to whatever is set in the view. If you toggle this setting, then any changes you make in the DB properties and elsewhere will also be copied over to the selected view.

Give this a try and let me know if the problem persists!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch