ios 14.5 not syncing - connect to wifi

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Re: ios 14.5 not syncing - connect to wifi

Postby VelvetLounger » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:32 pm

The pain of not being able to sync finally got to be too much. Still, If I try to do a desktop connect with my iphone I just get an error: To Use this Feature You must Connect to a Wifi Network.

I have 'forgotten' and reconnected to the same network. I have tried different wifi networks altogether. I have rebooted by phone many times. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled Handbase. It just does not not work. I do not have any VPN apps on my phone. Going to Settings, Privacy, Local Network, does not show Handbase in the list. I can only surmise that Handbase has never asked to even try to use the wifi. Something is definitely wrong.

Do you have any recommendation? At this point handbase is become useless to me, and I have been using this app since the Palm III days.
Using HanDBase since I had my Palm 3.
VelvetLounger

Postby VelvetLounger » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:13 am

I have tried this and it also did not work.

curtterp wrote:After a lot of research over the past week or 2, this is about the only thing I can come up with to see if that will solve the issue. This will reset your network connections and I don't know if this will help or not with HanDBase not asking for permission to access the WiFi network

Reset your Network Settings.
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.
Using HanDBase since I had my Palm 3.
VelvetLounger

Postby curtterp » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:18 pm

I created a new thread looking for information from users that have this situation. Please consider providing information so I can try to figure out what might be the issue.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4885

Thank you
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby zllo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:06 pm

Agree with what others have tested. Neither resetting the network, nor reinstalling the app, nor turning off/on wifi and rebooting and other schenanigans work for me. I have an iPhone 12 mini, 14.7.1, latest Handbase app version (which is a few years old now). The problem came with ios 14.5, and as someone mentioned, it seems that Handbase is not properly requesting local network access from the system. All of my other up-to-date apps which use the local network work and appear in settings. Could it be as simple as you guys rebuilding the app using the latest ios sdk, maybe call an api to request local network access, and redeploy this out to the app store? A lot has changed in the last couple years.
zllo

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:07 pm

Hi all,

Please see my post on our HanDBase reddit regarding a beta version available for testing of the fix: https://www.reddit.com/r/handbase/comme ... available/

Sorry again for the inconvenience.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch