iOS 15 compatibility

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

iOS 15 compatibility

Postby Dlevymd1 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:37 am

Hi,
Will the current version of HanDBase be compatible with iOS 15?? Has anyone detected issues with iOS 15 beta and HanDBaase?

Warm regards to all,
Dan
Dlevymd1

Re: iOS 15 compatibility

Postby curtterp » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:09 pm

It should be compatible, but I will not know for sure until tomorrow when iOS and iPados go live.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby s_wood » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:09 pm

I have lost the ability to sync via WiFi after upgrading to iOS 15. The error is the same on described in the thread below this one called “IOS 14.5 sync error” and iOS not syncing.” The error message reads “You must be connected to local network,” but I am connected to the same network as my laptop. HandDBase does not appear under settings/privacy/local network so that fix can’t be implemented.
Any ideas?
/
s_wood

Postby s_wood » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:08 pm

Still no reply, and no fix. The iPhone version of the app was updated today, but as of now there has been no update for the iPad version, and sync is still broken.
s_wood

Postby curtterp » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:09 pm

There is nothing that makes it work. You can try to uninstall/reinstall HanDBase, but if you haven't synced in while, I would not do that because you may lose the databases on the device, and that may not work anyways.

There might be an iPad update soon. Dave knows that it affects both devices, so I would think he would get the iPad update out soon.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:14 pm

Indeed, I have a beta version for the iPad available- just need to get some tester feedback on it before I can submit to the app store. Please email support @ ddhsoftware.com if you would like to be part of the beta testing group. Very sorry for this issue!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby s_wood » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:27 am

Sign me up for the Beta for iPad I've sent an email to support as requested!

Steve
s_wood

Postby uboche » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:25 am

Is anyone with an iPad on iPadOS 15.0.2 among those who have synchronization problems?
Regards,
Ulrich Boche
uboche

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch