how to move a database i downloaded to handbase iphone 11

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

how to move a database i downloaded to handbase iphone 11

Postby hjnash » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:06 am

Hello and good day, I am new to iphone but have used handbase for a long time on windows and android.
I have a new iphone 11 ios 14.6 stuck with no sync option due to wifi sync not yet working with handbase.
I downloaded my database via icloud i can see it on the phone but i try to move it to handbase but do not know how to
move it. Note I have handbase and two music apps installed but only one of the apps show up as a place I can move the file to.
If you have any pointers I sure would like to hear them.
Thank You
Harry
hjnash

Re: how to move a database i downloaded to handbase iphone 1

Postby curtterp » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:44 pm

Good Day Harry

Getting the database from iCloud to iPhone/iPad is pretty easy. Just need to do a couple of steps.

Once you get the database to iCloud:
  • On your iPhone, find the Files App and open it
  • Navigate to iCloud, then to the location on iCloud where the database is
  • Tap on the database. It will show the database name.
  • On the bottom left corner, press on the share icon
  • Look for the HanDBase icon and tap it
  • If this is the first time you opened this database, it will show you the data. If you had opened this database on your iPhone/iPad before, you will be presented with a couple of options. Select the option you want to do.
The rest of the instructions are for the first time you have this database on your phone
  • Before you do anything else, press on the wrench icon located at the bottom right corner. Select Database Properties
  • Tap on the General Database Settings
  • Enter a name and select a category
  • Press Save then press Back to get back to the data
  • Press Home to get to the list of your databases

At this point, you are all done. The database is now on your iPhone/iPad
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby hjnash » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:31 am

Ah that worked, so much reading to try find answers to how to do things. THANK YOU!
hjnash

Postby curtterp » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:56 pm

Glad that it worked for you

You're welcome

Just remember that the first time you click on a database, you have to give it a name in the Database Properties. if you don't give it a name, you might never find it again. :D
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch